Friday, January 1, 2010

Stereotypical New Year's Post

Last night we rang in 2010 with Wii bowling, shocking amounts of champagne, and high-volume storytelling with our friends. We also debated whether we are going to say "two thousand and ten" or "twenty ten" when referring to this year. Let me know which camp you fall into- our group was pretty much split.

As most are doing today, I've been thinking lately about the transition between 2009 and 2010. Last year, I failed miserably in a Twister tournament, found an amazing St. Patrick's Day (Polish Pride) t-shirt, dressed up like a hot dog and passed out condoms, got married, began my adventures in teaching kindergarten, threw some fantastic dinner parties, went skiing, and ended the year with some doctor craziness (more on that later). What I cannot remember for the life of me in all of these moments big and small are my New Year's Resolutions for 2009. So, with the help of my trusty blog, I've decided to set three small goals a month during 2010. I tried this strategy with eating before the wedding, and it worked for me. I'm a procrastinator, and an inattentive person to details, so I figure announcing my goals each month here, and jotting some notes about them might help me keep myself more accountable to.....myself.

So, without much further ado, my 2009 goals:
1) Work out 4 times a week. 3 of these times must be in the gym, one may be 30 minutes of Wii Fit at home.
2) Eat a fruit or vegetable at every meal.
3) Spend 15 minutes a day cleaning the apartment.

I'll report back February 1 to let you know how this went. In the meantime, it's time to sprawl on the couch with my current read (Blonde, by Joyce Carol Oates) and listen to Kev save me from the bad guys by playing hours of Modern Warfare.

No comments:

Post a Comment