Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Ten Things Tuesday

This photo is random, just like our usual Tuesday chats.

1. I am feeling incredibly lazy today, which is sad because I was super productive yesterday. My to-do list is not shrinking. Nor is my ass, because I'm also not running today apparently. Curses.

2. I discovered an ab machine at the fancy new gym I joined. You kneel on this thing and then rotate a bunch of weights to work the obliques and abdominals. Today it hurts to breath. Maybe this will be the cure for the slight beer/food belly I am sporting.

3. I filled out a ton of paperwork yesterday for my new job, and holy crap is it weird to have everything filled out as Nicole Gas. Even though it's been two years, I still find it kind of crazy to see my new last name in print, especially when I have to fill out big things.

4. It's also weird to put Kev as my emergency contact and not my mommy. He's terrible about picking up his phone. I hope in case of emergency that I won't lose my ability to text him, otherwise he'll never know to panic.

5. I was just looking through my blog stats and somebody found my website by googling stripper poles. I have so many questions that I'm afraid to ask about that. Yikes.

6. I just started reading Jennifer Egan's A Visit From the Goon Squad today and it's awesome. I would love to make a soundtrack to that book- music is just so alive on it. I'm also a sucker for a good book told from multiple perspectives. That's totally my jam.

7. I have to run ten miles tomorrow. Ew. I'm really hoping my mojo will come back and I can get up and do it in the morning so I can take a nap before going to a friend's cookout at night. My eight miler on Friday went pretty well, so I'm hoping this one will too. Eek. The half marathon is less than two weeks away.

8.I feel like every time I go on facebook someone I am friends with is announcing a pregnancy. I'm okay with this, but for the love of all things holy please, people, refrain from making an ultrasound photo your profile pic. I have no need to see your uterus. Thanks.

9. I just remembered why I'm so unproductive today. Kev and I had a bottle of wine at dinner, then went to play bar trivia with some friends, where I had way more than the one beer I was going to allow myself. Damn you, summer, you sneaky minx.

10. I have spent way too many calories and dollars on stupid things this summer. Off to go find some moderation.

No comments:

Post a Comment