Monday, April 18, 2011

Laments

This weekend was super fabulous. Kev and I met up with some friends at one of our favorite places on Friday to watch the sad, sad opening series of the Blackhawks playoffs. Let me tell you friends, it has only gotten worse since Friday, too. Stupid Canucks and their stupid physical playing. Or, more accurately, stupid salary cap for forcing us to get rid of my boyfriend and role model for defensive playing:

(Thanks, ESPN)


See how he is using his booty to prevent scoring opportunities? That's how I solve all my floor hockey woes, too! I also use that move to close overstuffed kindergarten lockers and kitchen cabinets. My booty is multi-talented. See how Buff has a Hawks jersey on? That's how it should be.

Anyways, I digress. So, I had a major lament on Saturday when it was cold enough to necessitate my trusty sweater boots with a dress and leggings combo instead of the sultry sandals I had planned for my date night outfit with Kev. I moaned, I groaned, but I persevered so that we could visit a favorite restaurant and check out a new bar nearby. (Sidenote: this bar has my favorite beer, Victoria, ON TAP. Totally rad.)

However, the above lamenting is nothing compared to the laments I have regarding today's weather.

It is April 18th and there is snow on the ground. Snow that makes my trusty sweater boots once again necessary, instead of the cute five dollar dress I have been yearning to wear. Aggggghhhhh. Woe is me. Lament. Lament.

At least my kindergarteners are eternal optimists. The weather discussion of the day during morning calendar yielded this consensus:


My fingers are crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment