Saturday, March 14, 2009

True Colors

Quick post while K is in the shower. It's St. Patrick's Day (observed) today, and K comes from a long line of Southside Irish Catholics. He himself is second generation. We have already received multiple Irish themed gifts for our engagement- we even have a bowl shaped like a shamrock with the Irish Blessing in it.

I, on the other hand come from a long line of loud, fun Polaks. We confuse left with right, we sing happy birthday in Polish, and we make foods with long names for every occasion. I always feel a little guilty wearing Irish pride items to go drink on St Paddy's Day, so this year I solved my problem. I have made a bright green t-shirt that says "You bet your DUPA I'm Polish"

I figure this is perfect, because K can't complain since it's green, and I get to show my real pride. So if you'll excuse me, I have to go put this wonderful creation on and start drinking. It's almost 9 am.

No comments:

Post a Comment