Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Who DOESN'T Watch the Watchmen?

Me.

I tried to read The Watchmen a few times in the past, but always found it to be really difficult to follow. I recently picked it up again because I heard about the movie, and I loved it. I thought it was wonderfully done, and an incredibly griping story. I find it fascinating that people can come up with plots like this: the artwork, the characters, the "Tales of the Black Freighter" novel within a novel.

So now the movie's out, and have I seen it? Nope. I understand that the novel couldn't be contained within 90 minutes, but THREE HOURS?!?! There is no way that I'll be able to convince Colie to see this movie. I love the movie V for Vendetta - Colie hates it. I love Sin City - Colie hates it.

Notice a theme here? There is zero chance that I'm getting her to the theater! I think my only option to get Colie to pick up a graphic novel is to recommend it for our book club.

No comments:

Post a Comment