1) It is definitely fourth quarter. My students are losing their minds, and slowly taking mine with them. Today one of my students told me "this is boring, so I'm not going to take the notes." I told him I didn't realize that I was a clown here for his entertainment. F*(&*%*&^%. Pray for my patience.
of patience, I got on the scale today and saw a number I haven't seen
since my senior year of college. I'm hoping it's just a residual
chocolate bunny hangover. I'll be at the gym.....forever.
In my eighth grade Language Arts class, we are starting to read one of
my all time favorite books, To Kill a Mockingbird. The students'
incredulity over Jim Crow laws and Emmitt Till gave me great hope that
we're moving in the right direction, even though I know we still have a
long way to go.
4) I love going to the grocery store. I
went this morning for some school day lunch staples, and it took me to a
happy place. It's like a scavenger hunt for grownups. Especially when
you have exactly 8 minutes to shop, thanks to leaving the house later
5) The temperature dropped this week, but
due to the unseasonably warm temperatures a few weeks ago, all of the
May plants are blooming over a month early. It smells like spring but
feels like winter outside. How bizarre.
6) Does anybody
have any cures for making blisters heal faster? After running outside
during the faux summer a few weeks ago, my feet are still torn up. Such
little things take so LONG to heal. Leave a comment with help. My
tootsies will thank you.
7) Kev is off of work this
week after finishing his last two weeks at his old job and before
starting his new one. In the five years we've been together, he's never
had a week off with no agenda. He keeps proclaiming it WEEK OF KEVIN
with fist pumps. Watching him navigate so much free time is like
watching a recently released baby penguin explore the wild. I shall keep
8) One of the worst things about moving
out of a neighborhood is being farther away from your former favorite
places. Tonight we are meeting some friends at a place we used to go to
at least biweekly, and I can't wait. If they've changed the menu, I'm
going to be VERY upset. Huzzah.
9) On second thought, I hope they only serve hummus and carrots (see #2 today). My pants would thank them.
10) I'm glad I'm back on the blogging train. I missed these brain dumps. Thanks for sticking with me :)
What's on your mind today?