Tuesday, May 15, 2012

10 Things Tuesday

1) I am currently resting from a giant cleaning project involving a large closet of my classroom. I took everything out, sorted, and put everything from 2000 or later back in. I donated a gigantic pile of 70s and 80s workbooks and text books. Why are teachers such hoarders? I found stuff from three teachers before me in my position. Yeesh.

2) The good news is that I now know what I have so I can do my favorite thing....shop for supplies for next year. Huzzah. Huzzah. Huzzah.

3) My kids are being total punks. All of them. Grrrr.....17 days left. 16 wakeups left. The waking up ass-early is totally the worst part of teaching.

4) I love, love, love buying office supplies. New pencils, notepads, markers, binders. Heaven. If only I could muster the same joy towards cleaning my house and organizing it. Maybe it's just because my room is so teensy compared to my home. Must seem like a more manageable project.

5) We are inching closer to sundress season. And sushi season. And drinks on patios and porches and beer gardens season. I cannot wait.

6) I visited my RA doctor yesterday, and I just have to say that she makes my day. She's so upbeat and positive, while also being blunt and actually forthcoming in what is happening and what my treatment options are. Considering I found her online, I really lucked out. I'm so thankful, because if I have to see someone every four months for the rest of my life, it might as well be her. She also told me that I'm "not a complainer" about my pain. My doctor and nurse parents would be so very, very proud.

7) I went online the other day to find a fun, PG rated end of the year movie that my kids would love to watch on the last day or two while I packed up my classroom. I had to go all the way back to movies from when I was that age to really find something that would work. Actually, three somethings: Cool Runnings, The Goonies, and The Sandlot. Are there any more recent PG rated movies that will appeal to 12-14 year olds out there that I'm missing? I refuse to believe that they don't exist anymore. Have our kids really gotten that reality-crudeness thirsty?

8) I have so many games in my classroom that we don't play. I'm strongly considering doing some sort of end of the year raffle giveaway type thing. Or maybe I should auction one off each quarter next year as a bribe....ooohhh....love that. For now, they stay.

9) I can't even imagine how scary my brain would be if I didn't blog/journal. I figure out so many things when I write. Go me.

10) Kev has started a tumblr account for all of his instagram adventures, just in case you can't get enough of us. Visit! http://thegasesstuff.tumblr.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment