Thursday, May 10, 2012

May Lessons

Two of the most important men in my life, my father and my husband, share the same May birthday. They call it "Stud Day" and count George Clooney and Albert Einstein among their members. Between the two of them, these studs have taught me a lot about living.

My father teaches me to be confident.
My husband teaches me that people will love you for it.

My father teaches me the hilarious art of sarcasm.
My husband teaches me not to abuse it.

My father teaches me to take care of my health.
My husband teaches me it's never too late to re-vamp your routines.

My father teaches me to pursue a job I love, even if I won't get rich.
My husband teaches me the moderation necessary to live on my earnings.

My father teaches me that sometimes dreams take a long time to come true.
My husband teaches me to focus on today while I wait.

My father teaches me to take pride in being a smart girl.
My husband teaches me that smart girls are really the hottest ones.

My father teaches me that size and height don't matter.
My husband teaches me that people can make you feel taller than you really are.

My father teaches me to meet people where they are in life, even if they aren't ready to hear what you have to say.
My husband teaches me that sometimes, you just have to come out and say what you mean.

My  father teaches me that family comes first.
My husband teaches me to take time for our little family, also.


My father teaches me that kindness and loyalty are how people remember you.
My husband teaches me to think before I speak.


My father and my husband are two amazing, powerful, and hilarious men; I'm beyond blessed to have them both in my life, and I'm thankful for them every single day. Celebrate on, you crazy studs.

No comments:

Post a Comment