Monday, March 7, 2011

Cookie Monster

This weekend, Kev and I had a killer dinner party on Saturday for a few friends complete with fancy shmancy cocktails, a delicious corn chowder, and some fab steak fajitas with tomatillo sauce. All of these tasty treats were cooked by my fabulous husband. Have I mentioned that I am the luckiest girl in the world because I have a husband who likes to cook? Because I am.

Because I was feeling so lucky, I was also feeling generous, and busted out the remainder of our Girl Scout cookies for dessert. Together we consumed some of these:


And some of these:

But none of these, because they are Kev's favorite and thus already consumed:
Pictures courtesy of mentalfloss.com and leantowardsthesun.blogspot.com as I was too busy eating to whip out my own camera

I was feeling all contented and hostess-y and mellow as I bid my guests adieu. Then I closed the front door, reached for the boxes of cookies only to realize that they were all empty. All of them. Gone.

Thus, today I was forced to compose this frantic email to one of my dinner guests this morning:

Hey Lady,

You said a girl scout might be coming by your office today taking orders. If so... I need some replacements:
3 boxes thin mints
3 boxes samoas
1 box tagalongs

Please, please order these for me and I will give you cash. Yep, we're fatties.

me

The worst part is that I'm not even ashamed.

No comments:

Post a Comment